Sara´s Secret Sewists: Welcome baby!

12.10.16

Welcome baby #4! Good thing he´s out already, otherwise Sara might get into labor with this little suprise, ha!
So Sara from Made by Sara just had her baby number #4 and it´s the cutest little baby boy. Congratulations my dear, and all the best to you and your family. Obviously, we can´t pass on a good opportunity to sew, so some of her sewing blogger friends joined for a little sewing baby shower.
A few years ago, I used to do these ponchos / capes for kids and sell them on FB. But back then I was also working and I just couldn´t keep up with maintaining a business, even if at a small scale. Also, the wool I found was very very good but only a limited quantity was available, so I ran out of resources within a few months. Ah, ain´t I a good business woman, ha! Those days are long gone and I don´t think I would ever do it again (just too much pressure and stress), but I thought about how I loved seing my kids in theirs and how practical and easy it is to dress a baby.



The pattern is self drafted from back then, quite an easy semi circular shape with the hood, and I made this version for a 1 year old. I´m guessing, depending on the baby, that it can fit from around 9 months to around 1 1/2, 2 years if lucky. The wool is thick and quite warm and it´s fully lined in cotton twill.




Sorry for the bad quality pictures, but during the good light hours I haven´t been able to shoot anything. Hope you like it, Sara!
Here´s the link to the rest of the party!

As it Seams

By Eva Maria
Craftstorming
Do Guincho
Fairies, Bubbles & Co
Groovy Baby and Mama
Huisjeboompjeboefjes
In a Manner of Sewing
Just Add Fabric
La Folie Sewing Booth
Made by Toya
Miss Castelinhos
Naeh Connection
Needle and Ted
Pienkel
Sewpony
S is for Sewing
Straight Grain

7 comentários

  1. It is sooooo cute, absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ah ah ah adoro ler os teus posts! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable post and your blog is really elegant for us thanks for sharing this information with us..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job and I love your blog design. :)

    ReplyDelete


  5. Thanks for sharing this great post.This is so nice.
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking for info on this topic for a while. I'm happy this one is so great. Keep up the excellent work. Visit my site webstagram to read wonderful blogs on instagram,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Highly recommend EZGo Travel for an unforgettable Bali tour! Their expertise and attention to detail made the trip seamless and enjoyable. Don't miss out on this incredible experience!

    ReplyDelete